5 minutes read Aug 13,2013
The thought of camping would typically conjure up thoughts of sitting around a warm campfire with a comfortable breeze. Depending on when and where you go, you might get caught in a cold snap. At the very least you can expect a chilly night to rear its ugly head. With a few easy camping recipes in your pocket you can keep that chill away - like with a bowl of this hearty, delicious camp soup.
How Its's Done
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ medium head cabbage, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 2 sliced tomato
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can low sodium tomato juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef in Dutch oven.
- Drain well. Pat beef and wipe grease out of the pot with clean paper towel.
- Put all the ingredients into pot. Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Yield 12 servings.